This probably won’t be 101 reasons, but that’s what I’m calling it.
“101 Reasons why I should have been born a Southerner”
1. I’m nice as pie, sweet as sugar, and full of spice (that’s how I would describe all the southerners I met on our travels from Maryland to California).
2. I loooove Red Velvet Cake (ahem look what I baked today…). It is a southern dish, yes, that’s right. I am generalizing all southerners.
3. I like my music bluesy, folksy, twangy, country, and I want it to be about your mom your sister your dog your ex-wife, your house your job, or your truck aka country music.
4. Nashville is by far my favorite city ever. Like, no joke. I don’t like nightlife, but I love Nashville’s nightlife.
5. I’d like to sit on a swing set on a big front porch drinking either ice cold sweet tea or ice cold beer, I’m really down for either.
6. I’d like to swear dresses and cowboy boots and not look like an idiot; or look like I found it in a magazine.
7. I’m more into family gatherings than drinking until the wee hours of the morning at the hottest club. Unless it involves #4.
8. “Whether you’re late for church or you’re stuck in jail, hey word’s gonna get around. Everybody dies famous in a small town.” (Miranda Lambert)
9. Roads that look like this:
10. Biscuits and gravy, chicken and dumplings, oh and Cracker Barrel.
I guess I can be thankful I was born a California girl though.