For those who read this and are seasoned runners, you can laugh at my terrible excuses for runs. I’m new to running, but I do enjoy it, treadmill or on the streets. Treadmill is easier though, my allergies + outdoor runs = migraines. Today I did 3.36 miles (total 30 mins plus 5 mins cool down). Not too impressive BUT impressive for me. Then I died, literally.
I’m working my way up though. And since I lost my gym card and have been coming in without it for months (seriously since like November), I’m seeing if I can get a new one for free. I don’t usually lose things, so I think one of the old personal trainers picked it up, pocketed it, and lost it.
Ugh, I feel like dying right now. But, it is slowly subsiding. All for the love of running, right?
Yes, my first sunburn of the year. The face is for the sunburn and my messy apartment.
My apartment is messy, again.
Why is it that Chris and I can not keep it clean?
Ugh, I just want to snap my fingers and make it clean.
I’m irritated by this. I’m too tired to do anything about it, though.
Summer is my favorite season. I love it, especially here in San Diego, although, none of these photos are from San Diego, but please ignore that and focus on the feeling of summer.
Today actually felt like summer. I went to church, had lunch, Chris and I took a 6 mile walk around the lake, I got a sunburn. Then I went to lay out by the pool and went swimming. It felt glorious. I may or may not get in the pool again, but it felt great none the less.
Summer has the best clouds and the best beautiful blue skies. Especially here in California. It is, by far, the greatest. This is Lake Tahoe for 4th of July. Absolutely beautiful.
I don’t really like to swim, but at the same time, it is perfectly summer. This is from childhood, my dad and me. In our pool. I miss that house and being a carefree child.
And how doesn’t love sitting on the beach? I love it. Yes, those are my tan legs. Lucky me, although, right now, they are not so tan. This is in Ocean City, Maryland. The cards were not in it for us this year to go, but next year, you’ll see us.
And if the beach at the ocean is not your thing, have no fear, the lake beach can be yours. This is Lake Tahoe. It is perfect in the summer. Absolutely fabulous.
I do not like baseball, but it is the summer sport. And if I can watch Nick Markakis play then I am a happy girl.
I LOVE SUMMER!
1. Losing weight, being healthy, and having the motivation for the gym is INSANELY difficult.
I’ve lost like 7 lbs, which is totally fabulous, except, it stopped. Not an ounce or anymore. Could I be gaining muscle, of course, but I should still be losing body fat. Anyway, food just keeps getting more and more expensive, making buying healthy food even harder. I really don’t want to go to the gym, or do any exercise. Lazy has been my middle name.
2. Sometimes when I see in magazines, etc. people who say I was at my heaviest at 140 lbs or something less than that. And you appear to be of average height or are average height. I want to look at you and say, boo freaking hoo, heaven forbid you just lack some tone or what not. Until you’ve been significantly overweight and know what it is to have people look at you certain ways, or anything, then you can’t say that you were so heavy. Yes, I understand, that perhaps a healthier weight is less for you, but, be happy that you don’t weight 200 lbs.
3. People irritate me. They drive to slow or too erratic; they stand in the middle of the aisle at the store and don’t move to either side, so have to stand there and wait; and people don’t mind their own business.
4. I hate living in an apartment that does not allow me having a dog. I really want one of these:
5. My hair will not grow. It is kind of stuck at this really crappy in between stage. I want my long California girl waves back.
I guess I don’t have too many rants, like I thought. Oh well. Happy Sunday.
Yes, that sounds quite harsh, BUT yesterday and today, my body has decided, ice cream would be so much better than running. Oh really body, is that so? You think it is the brain, but no, it is the body. My brain knew what to do and was ready for it, but my body, ha, it laughed at my brain. I guess as long as I don’t turn into ice cream and can keep on keepin on, then it won’t matter.
Ignore this blog for today. It was lame.
I cry, a lot. It is my preferred way of venting emotion and frustration.
I’m not sad all the time, which some people assume. It just truly makes me feel better.
Anyway, I cried a smidge on Sunday after I heard my grandma died.
I cried a little bit on Monday morning, for like 1 minute.
I knew that my grieving process was not over, but I could not get myself to shed another.
I took yesterday and today off so I could get through it all.
Then, I’m running and I feel the tightness of an asthma attack, and I think: CRAZY! I took my allergy medicine; then I start bawling, on the treadmill. So I left.
Clearly, this is harder than my body had imagined. So, actually as opposed to cream of broccoli soup that Chris will soon be making, I’d rather have Red Velvet Cake frozen yogurt. Or my strawberry ice cream in the freezer.
I’m holding off; I’ve worked too hard running and exercising, etc.
In Loving Memory of…
Eleanor Gertrude (Valdez) Bensen
September 21, 1921 – June 19, 2011
Dani and Grandma clowning around.
Katie and Grandma
Katie, Dani, and Grandma.