Monday was my half birthday. I am officially closer to 26 as a 25-year-old than 24. I’m not so sure how I feel about that. Anyway, everyone has a golden birthday. Whatever numerical day you were born is your golden birthday. My BFF’s was her 21st. Mine will be my 30th. It is kind of fitting, because I think that a before I’m 30 bucket list could be kind of fun. I’m going to try and think of 30 things that I want to do/see/accomplish by the time I’m 30.
1. Get a teaching credential, or at least be started in the process.
2. Go on a real, big rollercoaster, again. Maybe I’ll change my mind and like them? I doubt it, but I should give it one more shot.
3. Hike to the top of Yosemite Falls. I almost did it in 5th grade. There is no reason I shouldn’t have done it then.
4. Donate my hair to Locks of Love. I’m getting closer every single day.
5. Make a fancy meal that doesn’t involve eggs, Mexican themed ingredients, or meatloaf.
6. Learn a new song and play it on the piano.
7. Go on a trip, all by myself.
8. Go wine tasting.
9. Ride a motorcycle.
10. Learn to play the guitar.
11. Fly somewhere further than the east coast/Hawaii.
12. Find a real hobby that I love, other than working out. (Examples. sewing, knitting, etc.).
13. Run double digit mileage, or perhaps even in a half marathon.
14. Go to New York and do all the entails (especially going to Peanut Butter & Co.).
15. Eat a food that I’ve always said I never would, like escargot, foie gras, or lengua. All of this makes me want to vomit, actually.
16. Learn to surf.
17. Learn to drive a stick shift.
18. Know exactly who I am and what I want in my life.
19. Go on a mission trip of some sort, to a foreign country.
20. Touch my toes without bending my knees. I must work on my flexibility, I think it will help with my running.
21. Master making french toast, it is my favorite and I ALWAYS mess it up.
22. Go on a cruise, to anywhere. A Hawaiian one would be rather nice though.
23. Have my own garden with lots of flowers, veggies, and fruits.
24. Read the Bible cover to cover.
25. Learn more Spanish, and not be fluent, but very comfortable speaking and listening to it.
26. Volunteer with children and/or the elderly, again.
27. Buy and wear real cowboy boots.
28. Buy my own car.
29. Get a promotion, if I’m not a teacher.
30. Spend a full day, all 24 hours of it completely disconnected from all technology. Just spending time with a person, rather than electronics.
I kind of think that I could have come up with better things, but I’m really stuck on what I’d want to do. I can always edit this, obviously, but I wanted some goals to accomplish.