in my new place.
1. When you don’t have cable or TV you learn to revel in the silence; also you learn that having someone over might make you seem kind of lame. However, you also get bored very easily, and background noise, if needed, must be Pandora or iTunes, or something else. Or pure silence. All of which I’ve enjoyed.
2. Coming home and cooking is much more enjoyable when its just for you. Even if I thought I should have thawed out some chicken and had potatoes, I don’t have to if I really just want an egg and some cereal. Nobody will whine that they don’t want it.
3. Going back to number 1, I can listen to and watch what I want, when I want, and nobody will say a thing. Disney, sure. Country, any time. Classical, if it strikes my mood. Flipping between song after song, of course. Why? Because I can.
4. My apartment doesn’t have to smell like dirty feet and a locker room. It can smell like coffee, popcorn, cupcakes, and pumpkin spice. And if it does smell like a locker room, its confined to my dirty laundry and that’s how it should be.
5. I can wake up, drink my coffee, eat my breakfast, and I can go back to sleep.
6. My bed is made. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Unless I don’t want it to be, and then its not.
P.S.: I ran 8.2 miles today. Celebratory fro yo tonight (it’s free because my parents and I had so much for yo while they were here).
P.S.S.: I love “Wanted” by Hunter Hayes. It’s maybe the most beautiful song I’ve heard in a long time.
P.S.S.S: Home Tour photos tomorrow, perhaps?